5th Grade/Advanced Band
2018-2019 Advanced Band Information:
Our Winter Concert has been rescheduled for Thursday, February 7th!
The concert will be held at CENTENNIAL HIGH SCHOOL. The dates were provided in the band guidelines during the first band classes that were held at the beginning of the school year. The date was also included on the first quarter band report card as a reminder. Concert attendance is a graded assignment and is required as part of the HCPSS music curriculum.
Your children have given an incredible effort preparing for this concert. I am so excited we will get to share our collective efforts with you. In order to provide our students with the best possible performance experience, here are the expectations for the evening:
- 5th Grade band members students should report at 7:15 and will report to the bandroom. There is no need to arrive any earlier.
- The concert will begin at 7:30pm.
- All students must be accompanied by an adult to the evening concert and that adult must remain in the high school during the performance. No students are to be dropped off without an adult. All students are dismissed when the entire concert has concluded.
The students will perform the concert for the NES student body on Tuesday morning, January 29th. Because of limited space in the cafeteria, parents should not plan to attend this concert but it is important that our students be present in school for the performance!
The following concert dress expectation is for BOTH performances:
- Plain white dress shirt (long or short sleeve) - tucked in please!
- Dark black pants.
- ALL BLACK shoes and socks
- Plain white top/blowse (long or short sleeve)
- Black slacks or appropriate length skirt
- ALL BLACK shoes
While black jeans are acceptable, sweat pants and/or blue jeans are not appropriate for this event.
We are looking forward to sharing our accomplishments with you at our concert. Please contact me with any questions you may have. See you on the 7th!